Dr. Adolfo Delgado is an associate professor of mechanical engineering. His research focuses on rotordynamics, structural vibration, energy dissipation mechanisms, thin film lubrication and fluid-structure interaction applied to the design, modeling and improvement of rotating machinery systems and components. Prior to joining Texas A&M, Delgado was a research engineer at the General Electric Global Research Center where he led and worked on multiple initiatives involving improvement of existing rotating equipment and development of new rotor-bearing system architectures and turbomachinery components, such as variable geometry bearings, annular seals, dampers and oil-free bearings.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University — 2008
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University — 2005
- B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas, Venezuela — 2002
Awards & Honors
- 2020 James J. Cain ’51 Faculty Graduate Teaching Award
- 2011 Best Paper Award, Structures and Dynamics Committee, ASME/IGTI Turbo Expo Conference
- Delgado A, Ertas, B., 2018, “Dynamic Characterization of a Novel Externally Pressurized Compliantly Damped Gas-Lubricated Bearing with Hermetically Sealed Squeeze Film Damper Modules,” ASME J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, 141(2), p. 021028.
- Delgado, A., Ertas, B., 2018, “Dynamic Force Coefficients of Hydrostatic Gas Films for Recessed Flat Plates: Experimental Identification and Analytical Predictions,” ASME J. Trib., 140(6), p. 061703.
- Delgado, A., 2015, “Experimental Identification of Dynamic Force Coefficients for a 110 mm Compliantly Damped Hybrid Gas Bearing,” ASME J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, 137(7), p. 072502
- San Andrés, L., Delgado A., 2012 “A Novel Bulk-Flow Model for Improved Predictions of Force Coefficients in Grooved Oil Seals Operating Eccentrically,” ASME J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, 134(5), p. 052509
- Delgado, A., Vannini, G., Ertas, B., Drexel. M., and Naldi, L., 2011, “Identification and Prediction of Force Coefficients in a Five-Pad and Four-Pad Tilting Pad Bearing for Load-on-Pad and Load-Between-Pad Configurations,” ASME J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power, 133(9), p. 092503