Dr. Lesley Wright is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Prior to joining Texas A&M, she was a member of the Mechanical Engineering faculty at Baylor University for ten years. She returns to Texas A&M where she earned her Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering in 2006. Currently she is investigating enhanced convective cooling technology, including heat transfer enhancement for gas turbine cooling applications. This experimental research has led to the development of innovative cooling technology for both turbine blade film cooling and internal heat transfer enhancement. In addition, Dr. Wright continues to investigate the effect of rotation on the thermal performance of rotor blade cooling passages. Her research interests have also led to the development of novel experimental methods for the acquisition of detailed surface and flow measurements in highly turbulent flows.
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University – 2006
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University – 2003
- B.S., Engineering with Professional Concentration in Mechanical Engineering – 2001
Awards & Honors
- 2015 Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Ralph R. Teetor Educational Award
- 2015 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) – North Texas Section, Young Engineer of the Year
- 2013 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Journal of Heat Transfer – Outstanding Reviewer
- 2012 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Abe M. Zarem Educator Award
- 2011 American Society of Engineering Educators (ASEE) – Summer Faculty Fellowship
- Han, J.C. and Wright, L.M., 2020, Experimental Methods in Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics, CRC Press, 2020, ISBN# 978-0367897925, 368 pages.
- Wright, L.M., Yang, S.F., Wu, H.W., Han, J.C., Lee, C.P., Azad, S., Um, J., 2020, “Heat Transfer in a Rotating, Blade-Shaped Serpentine Cooling Passage with Discrete Ribbed Walls at High Reynolds Numbers,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 142, Article 012002 (16 pages).
- Heebum, C., Han, J.M., Wright, L.M., Elwany, A., Villarraga-Gomez, H., and Lee, C.B., 2020, “Pressure-Fed Mechanism to Compensate for Motions and Dynamic Characteristics of Compliant Nanopositioning Stages,” Precision Engineering, Vol. 63, pp. 33 – 40.
- Xie, G., Luo, D., Zhang, K., Lei, J., and Wright, L.M., 2020, “Analysis of Upstream Double-Row Cylindrical Holes on Primary and Secondary Effects of Endwall Flow and Film Cooling,” Int. J. Heat and Fluid Flow, Vol. 82, Article 108568 (12 pages).
- Seitz, S. and Wright, L.M., 2020, “Thermal Characterization of a Turbulent Free Jet with Planar Laser Induced Fluorescence (PLIF),” ASME J. Thermal Science and Engineering Applications, Vol. 12, Article 051023 (12 pages).